Learn and experience true relaxation for the body, mind and spirit
Life is now fuller, faster and more complex than it has ever been, say scientists and psychologists alike. The technological era, night and day stimulation and having greater choice in the way we live, work and connect with others makes modern living for most people feel pressured, even when things are seemingly going our way. This is impacting the body’s functioning, the state of our mental health and our underlying sense of purpose and values.
We may not be able to change the modern landscape, but we can develop and sustain a balanced inner state and wellbeing through the experience and practice of deep rest.
I want to share with you the practices and ideas that have helped me personally and many many others I have taught Yoga to over the past decade to find true rest and calm in their lives.
Next Deep Rest Yoga Weekend:
January 24th – 26th 2020
This is a special weekend course and retreat designed to give you a path to rebalancing and restoring your body and sense of wellbeing.
- Breathing techniques for moderating stress, anxiety and restlessness
- Yoga postures and ways of practising designed for releasing deep held physical tension and not exhausting the body, including Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga
- Yoga Nidra Meditation for deep relaxation
- Mindfulness Meditation for peace of mind
- Understanding how the state of the body and our mental state influence each other
- Eastern spiritual wisdom on finding peace, applied to modern day living
- Setting up a personal home practice
- Tool kit for managing stress in daily life
The weekend is for you if:
- You feel mentally and/or physically tired on a regular basis
- Your sleep is regularly disrupted
- You know you often feel stressed but aren’t sure what to do about it
- You are seeking to address imbalances in your lifestyle
- You are seeking to develop a place of inner calm, be it for health or spiritual purpose.
Beginners to yoga and meditation as well as seasoned practitioners will benefit from this course.
If you are working with a health condition, and/or are taking medication, please talk to me first to find out if this course is right for you.
Claridge House Retreat Centre,
A beautiful secluded house and retreat centre in Surrey, 1 hour south of London. Accommodation is high quality, all ensuite rooms, and delicious home-cooked meals are included.
Deep Rest Through Yoga Weekend, Surrey, UK
Friday from 3.30pm arrivals – to after lunch on Sunday
Payment: £395 per place, for course and private twin/double ensuite room, all meals;
£325 per place for single ensuite, or twin/double shared room.
Please send me an email with the following info:
Summary of yoga/meditation experience (if applicable)
Reason for wanting to do this course, and info relevant info relating to your current health and wellbeing