About Restorative Yoga
“Surrender opens the door to receiving” – Panache Desai
- do I need more rest in my life?
- do I want a contained space to be away from all other distractions?
- do I know what deep rest feels like other than when I’m asleep?
- do I measure my yoga practice or my life by external outcomes even though I know it’s how I feel inside that matters?
- do I deserve to dedicated time to the healing my body without striving or getting tired
Restorative Yoga allows the body to feel supported. From there the breath can find even flow and balance. From there the mind quietens. Then we can find genuine rest, renewal and comfort.
Yoga was originally conceived as a science and art. Restorative Yoga is a modern embodiment of the science and art of Rest. It is a practice growing in popularity, unsurprisingly, in these modern fast-paced and stress-filled times. More and more individuals are turning to and discovering the benefits of proactively seeking rest.
Restorative Yoga can be your life tool for self support, balance and calm in a busy, accelerated world.
- yoga-inspired postures with the use of props (which do not have to be necessarily ‘yoga’ props)
- simple breathing techniques and breath awareness
- mindfulness guidance to broaden perspective, accept what arises and to relax into
The positive impact of a Restorative practice can be felt with just one practice. Regular practice can bring deeper benefits and healing of ongoing stresses.
-restored body and energy, better breathing and circulation, better functioning of body’s systems, rebalancing of the nervous system, better sleep patterns
-healing towards anxiety, certain depressive conditions, insomnia, management of stress and reactive behaviours
-sustained experience of peaceful states of mind, contentment found within and not reliant on external factors or things, better coping of difficult situations and loses, a greater understanding of individual personal habits, patterns, desires and needs.
Restorative Yoga with Divya
Through years of study, training and teaching Restorative Yoga I have seen, as well as experienced personally, the profound effects of this practice which can be felt within one session and accumulate beyond the physical and mental over time. I currently offer:
- a Deep Rest Programme, a weekend non-residential course for finding and developing better rest in your life – click here
- a bespoke Restorative Practice Programme taught privately, and can take place in your home – click here
- Restorative practice is combined with Yin Yoga in the Friday night regular scheduled class at Yogaloft – click here
- Weekend Afternoon Relaxation sessions – see Events or enquire to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshops for Groups – stress-management, stress-reduction, and rest and renewal strategies – enquire to: email@example.com